Guiding principles to Queensland Government's approach to ticketing
- There will be no free of charge or discounted tickets allocated to the Queensland Government for the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games (GC2018).
- Queensland Members of Parliament and Public Servants must buy their own tickets for personal use.
- Any GC2018 tickets purchased by the Queensland Government are for official business purposes only, not for personal or recreational use. GOLDOC will hold onto the tickets and any not utilised will be made available for public use.
- An assessment panel of the Department of Tourism, Major Events, Small Business and the Commonwealth Games (DTESB) and the Department of the Premier and the Cabinet (DPC) will review and make recommendations to the Commonwealth Games Minister and Premier.
- All approved ticket allocations will be publicly declared online.
- Any unallocated tickets for Government purposes will be released for public purchase (via the existing public ticket sales process).